Web 2.0 Applications
Web 2.0 is the popular term for advanced Internet technology and applications including blogs, wikis, RSS and social bookmarking. The two major components of Web 2.0 are the technological advances enabled by Ajax and other new applications such as RSS and Eclipse and the user empowerment that they support.
Here are a few characteristics often noted as descriptive of Web 2.0 :
- Ajax and other new technologies
- Google Base and other free Web services
- RSS-generated syndication
- social bookmarking
- wikis and other collaborative applications
- dynamic as opposed to static site content
- interactive encyclopedias and dictionaries
- ease of data creation, modification or deletion by individual users
- advanced gaming.