Web Portal Development
A web portal, also known as a links page, presents information from diverse sources in a unified way. Apart from the standard search engine feature, web portals offer other services such as e-mail, news, stock prices, information, databases and entertainment. Portals provide a way for enterprises to provide a consistent look and feel with access control and procedures for multiple applications and databases, which otherwise would have been different entities altogether.
Web Portal differentiates from a normal website in its usability. Web Portals primarily focus on online community building and get users to register and use the services on regular basis. The repeat factor of business is very important while designing and developing a portal for a client. Theme based portals have become very successful as they create a niche and target specific users for that community. Our team develops a customized Content Management System (CMS) as per your requirement which have various interactive tools such as message board, discussion forums, rating tools, voting polls, blog community, real time chat, videos and Image gallery etc.
Benefits of Web Portal Design :
- Cost reduction – Cost reductions in Web Infrastructure and Administration, Training, Communications, Travel.
- Improvements to your business - Business Improvements in Customer Service, Collaboration, Productivity [self-service], and Time-to-Market.
- Agent for Change - Often used as a vehicle for implementing organizational and breaking down silos, by structuring the disjointed intranet architecture.
- Organizational Unification - By bringing together many internets, some obtained through acquisition, into a single coherent interface.
- High ROI – Portals allow realizing (ROI) in information systems and reducing the cost of operations. They improve employee productivity and produce greater results with limited personnel resources.
Our Web Portal Development services include:
- Business intelligence portals – corporate portals that enable users to access and produce reports for decision-making using enterprise-wide databases. Content portals focus on documents only.
- Knowledge Management portals - focus only on knowledge management (Collaboration and Document Management) with no application integration features.
- Federated portals - For corporations requiring a de-centralized network of inter-working portals, i.e. accessing the same content sources and sharing the same levels of security.
- Horizontal enterprise portals - They provide broad access to many types of repositories and generic application-integration features. Horizontal enterprise portals service the needs of an entire community of users with no business functionality included.
- Vertical enterprise portals - These kinds of portals focus on a specific application or business function or the collaboration for employees. They are usually associated with packaged applications.