E-commerce has been a bit of a buzz word for the last couple of years now. Trading on the Internet is a hugely complex business and there are many aspects to consider when designing a successful ecommerce site. We can make the whole process of e-commerce less complicated by sitting down with you and planning the different stages. We would learn about your business model, then apply what we have learnt to a site which will be designed in conjunction with yourselves. We can advise whether taking credit card payments online is your best option or whether you should consider other avenues.
E-commerce initiatives can provide reduced costs, increased revenue, and operational efficiencies for businesses that seek an advantage in today's competitive economic environment.
When a buyer views an online catalog and retrieves product or service information; places an order; and provides credit and shipping information, E-commerce transaction may begin. The seller verifies the credit information, processes the order and payment, and schedules fulfillment and shipping.
The four phases of an e-commerce site can be terms as:
- Brochure ware – It is an E-Commerce tool. A site will be more effective if it takes advantage of the Internet's interactive capabilities like using navigated Links to go forth and back through website.
- Web Storefront - The Web storefront expands site's functionality to include online buying and selling which allows a customer to visit a site and purchase goods or services.
- One-to-One Relationships with Customers - Here, customer information -acquired from past interactions-to personalize site's content, products, and services to the customer's needs and preferences are used. Internet marketing campaigns also better address customers' needs, which can increase customer satisfaction and retention and result in higher sales.
- Communities of Interest - Here customer information is used to identify and engage an online community with personalized products and services tailored to the community created.
Some Advantages of E-Commerce Websites
- Enhanced Revenue
- Streamlined business processes
- Expanded Markets
- Access to Customer Information
- Reduced Costs
- 24-hour business